6. FTP, SFTP, FTPS or FTPES Connection
This section describes how to setup FTP connection to be able to upload and preview images using Store Manager for VirtueMart.
FTP connection is not required, you may skip it. FTP is used for images - downloading and uploading images for products, categories and manufacturers. If there is no valid FTP connection specified, you will not be able to view images and upload them to your server.
See an example of properly configured FTP below:
- Server address - IP address or domain name of FTP server. Do not use any prefixes or suffixes there, just simple name or IP.
- FTP user name/ FTP password - specify login information. If you do not know your access details, please contact your Hosting Company and request details.
- Use passive mode (recommended).
- Store root directory - default directory, that contains all files of your store (shopping cart). To select your shopping cart root directory click on the browse button.
- To make sure, that you have selected the correct folder, check if there are presence the such folders as: administrator /media as well as all the other files and folders of your shopping cart inside.
- Max FTP threads - the number of threads allowed. Can be used if your Hosting Company has any limitations on the number of threads.
- Cache images - has to be enabled to cache images downloaded to Store Manager.
Note: FTP account (settings - login/password) used for images management must have rights to read/write appropriate directories otherwise FTP feature may not work properly.
Note: Difference between FTP, SFTP, FTPS and FTPES is in using passive mode and different port number for both of them.
Click "Test Connection" button to verify whether all settings you have specified are correct. If everything is correct, you should see "FTP was connected successfully" message.