3. Products Management
This chapter describes how to manage products, VirtueMart product descriptions, upload product images, or remove products, manage VirtueMart options and much more.
Product management with Store Manager for VirtueMart is very simple. You have all necessary tools for adding products and you have no limitation of their number, number of their categories and subcategories. Products section shows you the list of products and their data organized in tables. You can arrange the way your products are displayed using filter by selected category, or show all grouped. It is very easy to make mass changes to your products using show all grouped filter as you can see all data at once. Helpful hints bring you all information you need to arrange your products view the way you need it.
Product grid in Store Manager for VirtueMart represents the list of existing at your store products and their child products. You just press the arrow in the 'ID' column and you will see the list of all available variants of the specific item.
Basic Operations (Add, Edit, Delete)
Please take into account!
Starting from the version 126.96.36.1991 of Store Manager for VirtueMart any general operation with the products you can cancel (recall) by pressing the 'Escape' key on the keyboard.
To perform basic operations you can use Products toolbar:
Or context menu:
In product context menu or toolbar, you can find the following features:
'Refresh' data forces product's list update. It is useful when you're changing connection or have any doubts like is the latest data displayed.
Add new product and Add child product options call blank form, which is used to create new item and values. Please see below for details.
To edit product details you can double-click on it or use edit option. It calls edit product form. You can change VirtueMart product, option value, and price here.
You can Delete selected product from your store using corresponding options. Pay attention that you won't be able to undo delete from store product unless you've made a database backup.
Export product details to Excel/HTML/txt/xml/csv/xls/xlsx allows you to save data that you can see in the grid below into Excel or HTML or others files instantly.
To Adjust / Auto columns width use appropriate icons.
Take a note, you can add the selected positions to eBay/Amazon/IceCat/PDF Catalog/QuickBooks listing directly from the Products page of Store Manager.
Just choose the products you want to use and attract the right-mouse clicking to launch the context menu with the necessary commands.
Perform the actions in the following forms:
- amazon listing - select the available listing from the provided ones or create new listing for the selected positions.
Press 'OK' to save the changes.
- eBay listing - select listing from the existing ones or create additional listing for the highlighted products by pressing the button in the form:
Press the button to confirm and save current updates - 'OK'.
- ICEcat - will open the Matching Products step of the ICEcat Synchronization process with the products you have chosen on the Products page.
You can proceed with the synchronization by using the options of the addon.
- PDF catalog - add selected items to the Catalog of the PDF Creator Addon:
You will see the products listing with the selected items which have been added to the catalog in PDF automatically.
- QuickBooks Export - automatically forms the listing with the positions, highlighted on the Products page of Store Manager and opens on the 'Export Preview Data' step of the Addon export operation :
You can assign selected product(s) to one or more categories of the store just a couple clicks of your mouse by using the 'Assign Category' option.
Store Manager for VirtueMart has the pop-up menu which can quickly call one of the following operations:
- the Mass Product Changer form
- the Point of Sale form to create an order with the selected positions
- the form for categories assignment
- deleting selected positions.