In marketing, a coupon is a ticket or document that can be exchanged for a financial discount or rebate when purchasing a product.
Customarily, coupons are issued by manufacturers of consumer packaged goods or by retailers, to be used in retail stores as a part of sales promotions.
They are often widely distributed through mail, magazines, newspapers, the Internet, and mobile devices such as cell phones. Internet coupons have become popular recently,
because there is no postal cost, and the printing cost is borne by the user (who prints the coupons) rather than the businesses issuing them.
With the help of Coupons tab, you can manage your VirtueMart consumers Coupons.
The main operations you can perform in the corresponding section of Store Manager are Refresh, Add , Edit, Delete Coupons:
When you press Add or Edit buttons Store Manager calls ‘Edit Coupon’ window:
'Coupon Properties' form includes:
- Coupon ID.
- Published - you can tick this checkbox if rule works or leave blank, if it does not work. Can be used for seasonal changes in prices.
- Coupon Code - unique number, that is automatically is provided by Store Manager.
- Value - enter your coupon value or calculate it.
- Percent or Total - establish the percentage or total equivalent of your coupon.
- Coupon Type - specify the type of coupon as a permanent or one-time gift.
- Minimum Total Order.
- Start and Expires date of the coupon.
Press ‘Apply’ button to save changes.