1.2. Connection Settings Name
This section describes how to create, edit or delete configuration name (connections to VirtueMart store), how to create multiple configurations and how to switch between your VirtueMart stores.
In order to start, please go to Settings-> Preferences (F12) -> Database Connection tab.
To start working with your store first of all you have to select or create your Store Configuration (connection settings name; It is a good idea to use your store name or some other informative name). You can Load your configuration from the file if you have saved configuration settings previously. Also you can select any configuration from the drop-down in order to switch between your stores.
Store Manager allows you to make the following actions with your connection settings:
1. Create a new configuration. If you want to create a new configuration, follow few steps:
< - Press the [Add new store configuration] button next to store name field to select new configuration.
Specify new "Configuration Name"; It is a good idea to use your store name or some other informative name to cope with your databases easily.
Click [OK] to save this entry, or click [Cancel] to discard this entry.
You'll have the new configuration to work with. You can create as many database connection settings as you need.
2. To check the software you can work with "Embedded" (default) configuration, select the checkbox "Local (embedded) database"
3. To clone your configuration with all its settings select [Other Actions] -> "Clone Configuration"
4. To rename configuration press [Other Actions] - > "Rename Configuration" - > Change your configuration name in the edit configuration window - > Click [OK] to save this entry, or [Cancel] to discard this entry.
5. To delete your configuration select the appropriate action from the drop-down list and confirm it. Note that you won't be able to undo this action!
6. To save current /all configurations and all their settings select one from the drop-down list. This option can be used if you would like to move your connection settings to new PC or reinstall Store Manager using complete uninstallation.
7. To upload your local database configuration press the [Load configuration] button and browse contents of your local folders to select the existing configuration.
This option can be used if you would like to move your connection settings to a new PC or reinstall Store Manager using complete uninstallation.