1. Basic operations
fmProducts - Categories. Basic operation
Comfortable for your shoppers' category tree makes your Store user-friendly and tilts the balance to the balance to the advantage of your products.
To perform basic operations like adding new top level, add new subcategory, edit selected category, delete selected ones, you can use VirtueMart Categories toolbar :
or context menu:
1.'Add new top level category' (see image below) calls blank 'VirtueMart Edit category' form, which is used to create a new category.
2. To add a new subcategory to the selected one you can press the appropriate button in the VirtueMart Categories toolbar .
For example, we have created new subcategory "stock".
When we pressed ‘OK’ button to save changes, we have got a new subcategory "stock" in the main category "Others".
3. You can 'delete selected category' and its subcategories from your store .
Pay attention, when you choose this option! It has three conditions:
1. Quick delete. You can remove only selected categories, but no their products.
2. Safe delete. You can delete only selected categories and only products from selected ones.
3. Normal delete. You can delete VirtueMart categories altogether, including their products and subcategories.
Note: If you have products assigned to multiple X-Cart categories they will be removed not only from selected category but from the store completely!
Using up and down arrows in the toolbar, you can change the position of the selected category in the category tree.
Clicking the button - ‘Reorder products in selected category’- you can drag and drop selected products to change their ordering. Use the top options to move products between the positions:
To copy necessary categories and paste them in other position in category tree of your store follow such steps:
1. Select categories and subcategories you want to copy and click the appropriate button . Such windows will appear:
Check one or two submitted ways:
- checking the first field you can copy the category(ies) with subcategory(ies) (this doesn't apply to products which are placed in them);
- selecting the second field, you copy the category (ies) with the content - i.e. products that are included them. You can choose two conditions at once and click 'OK' button.
To paste copied to the clipboard categories you should select the position in the category tree of your store, where you want to place them and click 'Paste' button in the toolbar .
To find the category from the significant amount of the existing ones at the store use the 'Search' option located in the top toolbar: