2.1 Export Shoppers
To export shoppers from Store Manager for VirtueMart follow a few steps:
1. Go to Store / Shoppers / Export Shoppers.
Store Manager can export VirtueMart Shoppers to .csv file. You should enter the filename or select one (using browse button).
If you want to export data to a file located on FTP server you need to have correct FTP settings for this.
Also, you can save export settings for future shoppers export or ‘Load From File’ one to use now.
2. Fields Delimiter page has some important settings. Check them to ensure proper configuration.
- The first option is delimiter character. Most popular delimiters are the comma (,), semicolon (;) and tab character ( ), however, other symbols can be used as well.
The export file is usually generated for further import. If the incorrect delimiter is specified during import, the file will not be parsed properly and the customers will not be imported.
- The second option is quote string values. It is used to separate strings in CSV file.
3. The next Import Wizard page includes 'Base Formats' and separators. They can be set by default.
4. At the next step, you have to specify which shoppers you'd like to export. You can export all shoppers or only filtered ones or those, you've chosen before opening Export Wizard.
5. Select fields you want to be exported:
All available fields that can be exported are listed in the left pane. Select fields you want to export and click button to move them to the right pane.
If you'd like to export all fields simply press. The order in which columns will be saved in .csv file can be changed. To do it, you can drag columns up and down to change their positions in a list.
You can link already grouped shopper’s data to facilitate the process of selecting fields to export. In order to perform this, press 'Add Group of Fields' button and from the drop-down list of available ones
choose necessary datasets.
Since the last program's update the filter row is available on this step of exporting which you can use to find the necessary fields for transferring from the whole product fields:
All selected data will be displayed in the right section of the window.
To combine, to summarize, etc data fields you can use the Expression Editor. To launch editor's form simply click on 'Add Expression Field' button - - in the top toolbar and
type necessary expression in the appropriate field. You can use help button for assistance (see image below).
Check the correctness of typed expression allows 'Execute Expression' button.
If everything is correct, click 'OK' and your expression will be displayed in the right list of fields to export.
Please note, if you press 'Export' button the export process will be started.
The next step - it is a review of exported data - exported fields, delimiters between them
and three following options after you close the export wizard:
1) open the directory, where the file with exported data is located (2);
2) open the file with exported data directly (3);
3) just close the window and continue to work in Store Manager (1).
When you press ‘Save Settings to File’ button, you save all export configuration to .cfg file and can use it the next export process.
Pressing the other button you can save these settings in the wizard directly.
Next time you can upload them from the drop-down list at the initial stage of the export procedure.
To close export wizard click the "Finish" button.